accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ACCUMULO-3176
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 05:08:07 GMT
On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Sean-
> >
> > Are all your concerns about API stability addressed now that we have
> > established semver for our versioning standards?
> >

> Sure.
>

> > Do you have any remaining concerns (unrelated to API) about adding the
> > create table method to the master branch?
> > Are there any specific modifications to the patch you'd prefer seen
> before
> > you'd be okay with adding the desired functionality for initial table
> > properties to the master branch?
> >

> Nope.

Excellent.

I'm not afraid to admit that this was a somewhat painful process, but I
think that, ultimately, good things came out of it; for instance, it forced
us to make a decision about versioning and API stability, which is a
conversation we'd been procrastinating on, as a community. Hopefully, there
will be other benefits, as well (lessons learned in dispute resolution,
general communication, or compromise, perhaps?). At the very least, it is
my sincere hope that neither the length of this conversation, nor the
painful process, has done any irreparable harm to the community and that
we'll grow from it as we put it behind us.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii