accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA Tickets for 1.6.2 Release
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 06:02:23 GMT
Because we've agreed on Semver for release versioning, all the JIRAs marked
for 1.6.x as something other than "Bug" (or maybe "Task", and "Test")
should probably have 1.6.x dropped from their fixVersion.

They can/should get addressed in 1.7 and later. Those currently marked for
1.6.x need to be triage'd to determine if they've been labeled correctly,
though.

It's not that we can't improve internals in a patch release with Semver (so
long as we don't alter the API)... but Semver helps focus changes to patch
releases on things that fix buggy behavior.

I'll do some triage later today (after some sleep) if others haven't gotten
to it first.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii