accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] API release policy for 1.7/2.0
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 20:16:53 GMT
On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Adam Fuchs <afuchs@apache.org> wrote:

> It seems to me like concensus instead of majority vote is preferable in the
> case of exceptions.

Maybe. it depends on the nature of the objection. if it's a routine
release-planning thing, then majority might suffice. Consensus might be
required if a change is objected/veto'd. I don't consider how to handle
exceptions part of the above guidelines, upon which we are voting. I only
wanted to express that I think that some exceptions might need further
discussion beyond the guidelines.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii