accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA Tickets for 1.6.2 Release
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:05:33 GMT
I triage'd some of the issues, deferring to 1.7 if they were marked with a
fixVersion of 1.5.x or 1.6.x. I left documentation issues alone, as well as
tests-related improvements and tasks. I commented on a few which looked
like they were general internal improvements that weren't necessarily bugs.
Feel free to change them to bugs if I make an incorrect choice on those.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for starting this up, Corey. Have you started tracking a CHANGES
> list yet (do we need to update anything added back in 1.6.2)?
>
> Oof, good point re semver. Let's coordinate on triaging the tickets as
> there are quite a few. On IRC? I don't want multiple people to spend time
> looking at the same issues :)
>

> Christopher wrote:
>
>> Because we've agreed on Semver for release versioning, all the JIRAs
>> marked
>> for 1.6.x as something other than "Bug" (or maybe "Task", and "Test")
>> should probably have 1.6.x dropped from their fixVersion.
>>
>> They can/should get addressed in 1.7 and later. Those currently marked for
>> 1.6.x need to be triage'd to determine if they've been labeled correctly,
>> though.
>>
>> It's not that we can't improve internals in a patch release with Semver
>> (so
>> long as we don't alter the API)... but Semver helps focus changes to patch
>> releases on things that fix buggy behavior.
>>
>> I'll do some triage later today (after some sleep) if others haven't
>> gotten
>> to it first.
>>

>> --
>> Christopher L Tubbs II
>> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM, Corey Nolet<cjnolet@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Since we've been discussing cutting an rc0 for testing before we begin
>>> the
>>> formal release process. I've moved over all the non-blocker tickets from
>>> 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 [1]. Many of the tickets that moved haven't been updated
>>> since the 1.6.1 release. If there are tickets you feel are necessary for
>>> 1.6.2, feel free to move them back and mark them as a blocker [2]. I'd
>>> like
>>> to get an rc0 out very soon- possibly in the next couple of days.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%
>>> 3D%20ACCUMULO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.6.3
>>>
>>> [2]
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%
>>> 3D%20Accumulo%20and%20priority%20%3D%20Blocker%