accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State of 1.6 branches
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 18:46:09 GMT
They don't have to do any cherry-picking. Usually, we just release from the
current HEAD, at whatever point is that the person checked out that branch.
At worst, they'll just re-checkout the branch when they create their
release candidate. The only complexity involved is when the extra commits
the release manager makes when creating the tag and bumping the version,
are merged back in to 1.6... which won't affect you at all.

What you could do, is just commit, but mark the issue as fixVersion 1.6.3.
If the commit is included it in the next RC (because the release manager
updates their local working branch checkout), they can just modify the
fixVerison back to 1.6.2. The other thing you could do is just send a note
to the release manager that you've completed an issue, so they can be aware
of it and make sure the fixVersion is correct, based on when they've
checked out the branch. Either way, I don't think you need to hold commits.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii