accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] API release policy for 1.7/2.0
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 19:11:57 GMT
On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:

> This vote fails, with:
>
> -1: Mike, Sean, John
> +1: Christopher, Keith
>
> Even without my implicit +1, or Bill and Josh's late -1's, the vote still
> fails.
>
> I think it would help if each person voting -1 (for reasons other than the
> fact that there is disagreement or the thread was confusing or difficult to
> follow), would please reply with a very short and concise summary of what
> guidelines they think we *should* adopt.

The compromise proposed by Josh that works for me is the original with the
addition of

* No client RPC removals or change in behavior of extant calls prior to 2.0
(non-inclusive or inclusive doesn't matter to me)
* Documenting the above in release notes for 1.x by way of tests that
clients compiled with 1.6 work when talking to a cluster running the newer
release

--
Sean