accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] API release policy for 1.7/2.0
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:52:48 GMT
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:

> And, for context, if this no-new-API freeze does stick, you would be
> posthumously forcing us to go back and rip out a bunch of already committed
> code for the replication feature and (possibly) the port to HTrace. That
> would be pointless and a waste of time IMO.

I think I've been consistent in saying this isn't a black-and-white issue.
I know we've already made some additions. The branch that became 1.7 has
been around a long time. While I'd love to revisit what changes we've added
in that time, I'm not going to demand that that happen if I don't think I
have the time to help make it happen. Since the replication feature was one
of the things driving the desire to have 1.7, I think it qualifies as a
substantial enough gain to justify the additions.

Not to go off topic on this thread, but does the HTrace port touch the
client API? I was under the impression that it was all internals.

--
Sean