accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] API release policy for 1.7/2.0
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 15:46:01 GMT
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM, <dlmarion@comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]

That discussion did a good job of coming to consensus on not remove any
deprecated methods earlier than 2.0.

I believe Keith's concern is that he'd like to specify what is and is not
getting dropped at 2.0. The original proposal only says that things added
in 1.7+ won't be dropped earlier than 3.0. It leaves the fate of things
deprecated prior to 1.7 ambiguous in the 2.0 release.

Did I correctly restate your concern Keith?

--
Sean