accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Namespaces & Application Classpath interplay
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 04:46:39 GMT
In essence, you're asking to apply some context classloader to a
namespace and have it propagate down to each table in that namespace as
opposed to setting it on each table? By doing so, you wouldn't have to
ensure that each table for your logical "application" is configured with
the same context classloader.

If that's the case, +1 for the change -- nearly all of our properties
already "delegate" in that fashion: per-table inherits from namespace
which inherits from system. I'm a little sad if it doesn't actually
already do it (because that means classloader configuration is an edge
case internally), but happy that you'd like to work on it :)