accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] API release policy for 1.7/2.0
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 16:33:21 GMT
I'm not trying to say that we should accept a half-baked new API, just
that, despite our best efforts, we'll likely mess up something
(interface or implementation).

We want people to use and stick to the new API (better versioning should
help us release quick fixes when we find aforementioned problems) to
avoid a mapred/mapreduce-esque split -- also a large concern to me.

My last msg was more concerned with _trying_ to keep 100% compatibility
with the 1.x API and addressing incompatible issues as they might arise
in the development of the 2.0 API, instead of a declarative _must_.