accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] ACCUMULO-3176
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:14:47 GMT
Committers, this is a consensus vote on whether or not to include Jenna's
patch for ACCUMULO-3176 to the 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT (master) branch.

This patch improves the table creation API with the introduction of a
NewTableConfiguration object (similar to the pattern for
BatchWriterConfig), which allows us to be flexible on improving table
creation options in the future without creating many overloaded methods (as
the table creation API has been plagued by in the past). The main goal of
the patch is to allow table properties to be set on a table at the time of
creation, before any tablets are assigned, but it also lays the foundation
for future table creation improvements. Creating initial table properties
was already present in the RPC calls, but not exposed in the API. This can
support a number of use cases.

Since an objection was raised by Sean Busbey (and a veto expected), I've
initiated this vote in lieu of applying the patch under lazy consensus so
that any veto votes can be justified and addressed here.

Note: there are a few bugs in the Mock implementation of this that I've
fixed, as well as some minor deprecation warnings and javadoc improvements
I'm adding, please apply your vote under the assumption that those will be
fixed before it will be applied.

Please vote in accordance with the bylaws for consensus voting.
My vote is +1.

Thanks.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II