accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Dropping Hadoop 1 for 1.7.0
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 01:56:08 GMT
I'd be +1 to drop Hadoop 1 from 1.7.

IIRC, we had loose consensus to drop it for 2.0. I don't know how much of
that support was because 2.0 is a "very major" version change.

It's worth keeping in mind that jdk6 support is also dropped as of the 1.7
release, which means for some people making the jump from 1.6 will now
requite 2 major underlying component changes.

We probably should have a vote (and copy user@) just to make sure it gets
enough visibility.

--
Sean
Have we already decided to drop Hadoop 1 for 1.7.0? I can't remember

If we haven't decided to do so already, I'd like to suggest doing so.

- Josh