accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ERROR: Read a frame size of 1195725856, which is bigger than the maximum allowable buffer size for ALL connections.
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:43:46 GMT
Hi,

We've seen this happen a couple of times before. We haven't been able to
identify a likely suspect yet. What we think is happening is that a
non-Accumulo process happens to connect to an Accumulo process, send a
message that isn't a Thrift message (that Accumulo uses internally) and
it happens to try to allocate an extremely large buffer.

We introduced an upper limit on the size of an RPC message and this is
what this error message is telling you. Are you saying that this is
still causing the Master process to crash? If so, are there any error
messages at the end of the .log, .out or .err files?

panqingcui@163.com wrote:
> HI,
>      I  recently learned Accumulo,but it master server  always  abnormal,then not runing.
>
> hadoop.2.5.1  zookeeper 3.4.6 accumulo 1.6.0/1.6.1
>
>   [util.TServerUtils$THsHaServer] ERROR: Read a frame size of 1195725856, which is bigger
than the maximum allowable buffer size for ALL connections.