accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Instructions on running test suites
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 03:19:26 GMT
Interesting, you saw some more failures than I did. I had to make 
changes to CloudStone1 and CloudStone4/8 to get them to run, but I did 
get them all to run earlier after your initial message.

I have no idea CloudStone 2, 3 and 6 are doing for you. If you want to 
file an issue on JIRA for those, that'd be great. We can help you work 
through why they're actually busted (assuming I can't reproduce them).

Fagan, Michael wrote:
> Josh,
>
> Thanks, they still need some love. I had success with only  1, 5&  7
>
> Errors below:
>
> [root@ebdp-ch2-d001d bench]# ./run.py -s 10 -u root -p secret -z
> ebdp-ch2-d001d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d002d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d003d:2181 -i MELD_DEV
> CloudStone2
> Ingest 1000000 rows of values 50 bytes on every slave.  Higher is better.
> ... FAIL
>
> ======================================================================
> FAIL: Ingest 1000000 rows of values 50 bytes on every slave.  Higher is
> better.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/IngestBenchmark.py", line
> 78, in runTest
>      self.assertEqual(code, 0, "Bad exit code (%d) from slaves %r" % (code,
> slaves))
> AssertionError: Bad exit code (255) from slaves ['', '#', '# the License.
> You may obtain a copy of the License at', '# See the License for the
> specific language governing permissions and', '# Licensed to the Apache
> Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more', '# (the "License"); you may
> not use this file except in compliance with', '# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR
> CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.', '# limitations under
> the License.', '# this work for additional information regarding copyright
> ownership.', '#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0', '#
> contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with', '#
> Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software', '#
> The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0',
> '# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,']
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 1 test in 41.481s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> INFO:test.bench:                   CloudStone2:  1.53
>
>
>
> [root@ebdp-ch2-d001d bench]# ./run.py -s 10 -u root -p secret -z
> ebdp-ch2-d001d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d002d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d003d:2181 -i MELD_DEV
> CloudStone3
> Ingest 10000 rows of values 65535 bytes on every slave.  Higher is better.
> ... FAIL
>
> ======================================================================
> FAIL: Ingest 10000 rows of values 65535 bytes on every slave.  Higher is
> better.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/IngestBenchmark.py", line
> 78, in runTest
>      self.assertEqual(code, 0, "Bad exit code (%d) from slaves %r" % (code,
> slaves))
> AssertionError: Bad exit code (255) from slaves ['', '#', '# the License.
> You may obtain a copy of the License at', '# See the License for the
> specific language governing permissions and', '# Licensed to the Apache
> Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more', '# (the "License"); you may
> not use this file except in compliance with', '# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR
> CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.', '# limitations under
> the License.', '# this work for additional information regarding copyright
> ownership.', '#     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0', '#
> contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with', '#
> Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software', '#
> The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0',
> '# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,']
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 1 test in 133.481s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> INFO:test.bench:                   CloudStone3:  5.21
>
>
> [root@ebdp-ch2-d001d bench]# ./run.py -s 10 -u root -p secret -z
> ebdp-ch2-d001d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d002d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d003d:2181 -i MELD_DEV
> CloudStone4
> Ingests 10000000000 rows (to be sorted). Lower score is better. ... FAIL
>
> ======================================================================
> FAIL: Ingests 10000000000 rows (to be sorted). Lower score is better.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/TeraSortBenchmark.py",
> line 91, in runTest
>      self.assertEqual(handle.returncode, 0, "Job did not complete
> successfully")
> AssertionError: Job did not complete successfully
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 1 test in 14.964s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> INFO:test.bench:                   CloudStone4: 11.14
>
> [root@ebdp-ch2-d001d bench]# ./run.py -s 10 -u root -p secret -z
> ebdp-ch2-d001d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d002d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d003d:2181 -i MELD_DEV
> CloudStone6
> Creates 1000 tables and then deletes them. Lower score is better. ...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./run.py", line 116, in<module>
>      main()
>    File "./run.py", line 111, in main
>      runner.run(unittest.TestSuite(benchmarks))
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/unittest.py", line 752, in run
>      test(result)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/unittest.py", line 463, in __call__
>      return self.run(*args, **kwds)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/unittest.py", line 459, in run
>      test(result)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/unittest.py", line 299, in __call__
>      return self.run(*args, **kwds)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/unittest.py", line 269, in run
>      self.setUp()
>    File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/CreateTablesBenchmark.py",
> line 36, in setUp
>      code, out, err = cloudshell.run(self.username, self.password, 'table
> %s\n' % currentTable)
>    File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/cloudshell.py", line 29,
> in run
>      out, err = handle.communicate(input)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 732, in communicate
>      stdout, stderr = self._communicate(input, endtime)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1316, in _communicate
>      stdout, stderr = self._communicate_with_poll(input, endtime)
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1388, in
> _communicate_with_poll
>      ready = poller.poll(self._remaining_time(endtime))
> KeyboardInterrupt (killed after waiting 5 minutes)
>
>
> [root@ebdp-ch2-d001d bench]# ./run.py -s 10 -u root -p secret -z
> ebdp-ch2-d001d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d002d:2181,ebdp-ch2-d003d:2181 -i MELD_DEV
> CloudStone8
> Ingests 1000000 rows of variable key and value length to be sorted. Lower
> score is better. ... FAIL
>
> ======================================================================
> FAIL: Ingests 1000000 rows of variable key and value length to be sorted.
> Lower score is better.
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/TeraSortBenchmark.py",
> line 91, in runTest
>      self.assertEqual(handle.returncode, 0, "Job did not complete
> successfully")
> AssertionError: Job did not complete successfully
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Ran 1 test in 17.459s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> INFO:test.bench:                   CloudStone8: 12.95
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Fagan
>
> On 11/13/14, 5:39 PM, "Josh Elser"<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> In test/system/bench/lib/slaves.py, change the line "from lib.path
>> import accumulo" to "from lib.path import *". That fixed the error for me.
>>
>> A word of warning about code-rot in these tests. I remember trying to
>> get them fixed up in the 1.4 time frame, and I'm not sure if they've
>> gotten much love since. By all means though, let us know where they're
>> broken and we'll take care of 'em.
>>
>> I'll open an issue for this bug. Thanks!
>>
>> - Josh
>>
>> Fagan, Michael wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to the run the 1.6.1 benchmark tests in
>>> $ACCUMULO_HOME/test/system/bench
>>>
>>> And getting the following error on a centos 6.4 machine:
>>>
>>>
>>> ./run.py -u cloud -p secret -z zk1:2181 -i DEV CloudStone1
>>> Test the speed at which we can check that accumulo is up and we can
>>> reach
>>> all the slaves. Lower is better. ... ERROR
>>>
>>> ======================================================================
>>> ERROR: Test the speed at which we can check that accumulo is up and we
>>> can
>>> reach all the slaves. Lower is better.
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>     File "./cloudstone1/cloudstone1.py", line 35, in runTest
>>>       accumulo('bin', 'accumulo'))
>>>     File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/slaves.py", line 86, in
>>> runAll
>>>       slaves = slaveNames()
>>>     File "/usr/lib/accumulo/test/system/bench/lib/slaves.py", line 27, in
>>> slaveNames
>>>       return [s.strip() for s in open(accumuloConf('slaves'))]
>>> NameError: global name 'accumuloConf' is not defined
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Ran 1 test in 4.897s
>>>
>>> FAILED (errors=1)
>>> INFO:test.bench:                   CloudStone1:  4.90
>>>
>>> I have not been able to find where accumuloConf is defined.
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike Fagan
>>>
>>> On 11/11/14, 8:05 AM, "Fagan, Michael"<Michael_Fagan@cable.comcast.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Josh,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks, manual test suites are exactly what I need.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Mike Fagan
>>>>
>>>> On 11/10/14, 4:01 PM, "Josh Elser"<josh.elser@gmail.com>   wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Mike,
>>>>>
>>>>> All of the fully automated test suites are standalone tests; they
>>>>> aren't
>>>>> presently capable of using an existing installation. These are what
>>>>> are
>>>>> referred to as our unit and integration tests.
>>>>>
>>>>> Unit tests: run `mvn package`
>>>>> Integration tests: run `mvn verify` (note that the verify lifecycle
>>>>> phase also includes the unit tests.
>>>>>
>>>>> The strong majority of integration tests use MiniAccumuloCluster to
>>>>> get
>>>>> an accurate testing environment.
>>>>>
>>>>> We also have a collection of "manual" test suites, the most common of
>>>>> which are the continuous ingest and randomwalk tests. These exist in
>>>>> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/tree/master/test/system, continuous
>>>>> and randomwalk, respectively. These are the long running tests that
>>>>> the
>>>>> community runs before we make a new major release (e.g. 1.6.0)
>>>>>
>>>>> Both of these tests expect an instance of Accumulo up and running
>>>>> which
>>>>> you provide connection information to (ZooKeepers, instance name,
>>>>> user&
>>>>> password). Both suites are also capable of running under "agitation"
>>>>> which can indiscriminately kill Accumulo processes and HDFS datanodes.
>>>>>
>>>>> Both of these test suites contain READMEs -- let us know if any of the
>>>>> documentation is unclear or lacking. Happy to help you get them up and
>>>>> running.
>>>>>
>>>>> - Josh
>>>>>
>>>>> Fagan, Michael wrote:
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I am looking for instructions on running the  Accumulo test suites
to
>>>>>> verify my build works properly in my Hadoop environment.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> Mike Fagan
>>>>>>
>

Mime
View raw message