accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribute Examples/Exercises
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 19:54:14 GMT
My worry with a contrib module is that, historically, code which goes
moves to a contrib is just one step away from the grave. I think there's
precedence for keeping them in core (as Christopher had mentioned, next
to examples/simple) which would benefit people externally (more "how do
I do X" examples) and internally (keep devs honest about how our APIs
are implemented).

Bringing the examples into the core also encourages us to grow the
community which has been stagnant with respect to new committers for
about 9 months now.