accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribute Examples/Exercises
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:58:15 GMT

Sean Busbey wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Personally, I didn't really think that this contribution was in the spirit
>> of what the new codebase adoption guidelines were meant to cover.
>>
>> Some extra examples which leverage what Accumulo already does seems more
>> like improvements for new Accumulo users than anything else.
>>

> It's content developed out side of the project list. That's all it takes to
> require the trip through the Incubator checks as far as the ASF guidelines
> are concerned.

 From http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

"""
 From time to time, an external codebase is brought into the ASF that is
not a separate incubating project but still represents a substantial
contribution that was not developed within the ASF's source control
system and on our public mailing lists.
"""

Not to look a gift-horse in the mouth (it is great work), but I don't
see these examples as "substantial". I haven't found guidelines yet that
better clarify the definition of "substantial".