accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contribute Examples/Exercises
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:38:32 GMT
I've given a quick glance over them -- they look like they'd be a great
addition!

We'd have to figure out some mechanism to distribute the exercises (as
we can't compile them), but that's a manageable problem.

If you want to open an issue on JIRA, that'd be the first step to get
these into the codebase. Some things to think about meanwhile:

* Check out the coding practices and code formatting guidelines -
http://accumulo.apache.org/source.html#coding-practices
* Add ASL headers to the files
* Figure out where might be a good place to include these in the
Accumulo tree  - maybe examples/training?
* Consider what documentation would be needed for someone to self-guide
themselves through these examples
* Look into redistribution rights on the included twitter.json file. I'm
not sure what Twitter's terms of service are. It may be easier to write
a script that will generate some example tweets. It keeps us from being
liable for what those tweets contain and also prevents us from having to
distribute a big blob.

Thanks again!