accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Instructions on running test suites
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 23:01:20 GMT
Hi Mike,

All of the fully automated test suites are standalone tests; they aren't
presently capable of using an existing installation. These are what are
referred to as our unit and integration tests.

Unit tests: run `mvn package`
Integration tests: run `mvn verify` (note that the verify lifecycle
phase also includes the unit tests.

The strong majority of integration tests use MiniAccumuloCluster to get
an accurate testing environment.

We also have a collection of "manual" test suites, the most common of
which are the continuous ingest and randomwalk tests. These exist in
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/tree/master/test/system, continuous
and randomwalk, respectively. These are the long running tests that the
community runs before we make a new major release (e.g. 1.6.0)

Both of these tests expect an instance of Accumulo up and running which
you provide connection information to (ZooKeepers, instance name, user &
password). Both suites are also capable of running under "agitation"
which can indiscriminately kill Accumulo processes and HDFS datanodes.

Both of these test suites contain READMEs -- let us know if any of the
documentation is unclear or lacking. Happy to help you get them up and
running.

- Josh

Fagan, Michael wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for instructions on running the  Accumulo test suites to verify my build
works properly in my Hadoop environment.