accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export Accumulo tables and data to local file system
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 02:07:09 GMT
Hi,

Hadoop distcp is typically recommended to copy the data from your
exported Accumulo table to some remote HDFS instance. The export process
creates a distcp.txt file which is a list of Accumulo files that need to
be copied.

I'm not sure if distcp natively supports copying to a local filesystem
or not, but you can always use that distcp.txt file and write your own
script using the `hadoop`/`hdfs` shell commands. I'm sure there are also
Java APIs that you could use which would be more efficient.