accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From "panqingcui@163.com" <panqing...@163.com>
Subject Re: Read a frame size of 1195725856, which is bigger than the maximum allowable buffer size for ALL connections.
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 09:59:01 GMT

Hi,

Not found error file, only the abnormal.
The err file is empty, in master.log found the following exception

-
Re: ERROR: Read a frame size of 1195725856, which is bigger than the maximum allowable buffer
size for ALL connections.
Josh Elser 2014-11-20, 14:45
Hi,

We've seen this happen a couple of times before. We haven't been able to
identify a likely suspect yet. What we think is happening is that a
non-Accumulo process happens to connect to an Accumulo process, send a
message that isn't a Thrift message (that Accumulo uses internally) and
it happens to try to allocate an extremely large buffer.

We introduced an upper limit on the size of an RPC message and this is
what this error message is telling you. Are you saying that this is
still causing the Master process to crash? If so, are there any error
messages at the end of the .log, .out or .err files?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

panqingcui@163.com