accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Kepner <kep...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Bylaws Change - Majority Approval for Code Changes
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:02:31 GMT
-1 (I vote to keep current consensus approach)

An alternative method for resolution would be to setup an
elected (or appointed) advisory board of a small number of folks whose
job it is to look out for the long-term health and strategy of Accumulo.  This board could
then
be appealed to on the rare occassions when consensus over important long-term issues
cannot be achieved.  Just the presence of such a board often has the effect
encouraging productive compromise amongst participants.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 05:33:40PM +0000, dlmarion@comcast.net wrote:

> It was suggested in the ACCUMULO-3176 thread that code changes should be majority approval
instead of consensus approval. I'd like to explore this idea as it might keep the voting email
threads less verbose and leave the discussion and consensus building to the comments in JIRA.
Thoughts?