accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Export Accumulo tables and data to local file system
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 02:17:20 GMT
There is either an export command in the shell, or an export command in the
admin utility (bin/accumulo admin), that will export a table. Sorry, I don't
have the code in front of me at the moment. But, there is a way to export a
table and data from Accumulo. If you need it on local disk (and it will
fit), then you should be able to use the Hadoop command (-copyToLocal) to
copy it out of HDFS.

-----Original Message-----
From: mike3777 [mailto:michael012177@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:50 PM
To: dev@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Export Accumulo tables and data to local file system

Hello, new to accumulo and given an interesting task. My project manager has
asked me to come up with a solution to export an accumulo table and its data
to a local file system. I know this sounds crazy and i have seen reference
to moving data between clusters but have yet to find a way to get it out of
HDFS to a local filesystem. Is my project manager crazy or is there a way
that can be shared..