accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From William Slacum <wilhelm.von.cl...@accumulo.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] 1.7/2.0 branches and git workflow change
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 02:59:54 GMT
It seems to me you can get everything you want by merely getting rid of
master or making master just be the 1.7 branch. I'm not really concerned
about the name, because it's easy enough to figure out. Master duplicating
a tag doesn't really seem useful to me, save for "here's the highest
version we have released", which is of limited utility when a user can just
check the tags. I don't see the point in having master be something for the
sake of having master.