accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.7 release timeline
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 00:59:44 GMT
Would replacing cloudtrace be part of 1.7? I'm not sure about that. I'd
like to see where that's headed before we decide on that. Personally, I'd
prefer Zipkin, since htrace is basically a copy of
cloudtrace/accumulo-trace, and it has some of the same issues (millis time,
for instance, instead of relative nanos, which is independent of the system
clock and actually intended for time spans).

I think the upgrade guarantees are more a 2.0.0 thing, but I think we can
be a bit more conservative in 1.x to move towards that. I wouldn't mind
dropping Hadoop 1 support in 1.7.0. (I guess we should just vote on that).

I'd really like to include the VolumeChooser improvements (in particular
ACCUMULO-3177, which depends on ACCUMULO-3176).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii