accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deprecation removal for 1.7.0
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 21:51:49 GMT
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Mike Drob <madrob@cloudera.com> wrote:
>

> > In general, I'm inclined to leave as much in as possible, and then if we
> > must remove things then do so in 2.0.0. I know that our compatibility
> > statement only promises one minor version, but that doesn't mean we have
> > be strict at every opportunity.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Related, I'd like to EOL 1.5 shortly after 1.7 gets released. I don't want
> to derail this thread with that discussion, but my guess is it's a much
> easier sell if we're conservative about removing things. Just so everyone
> knows where I'm coming from.

(+1 for EOL 1.5 after)

In general, does this mean that you're okay with removing stuff deprecated
prior to 1.5? With the exception of the instance.getConfiguration stuff,
which was deprecated in 1.6.0 and I'd like to remove in 1.7.0, due to its
problematic nature (requires further discussion), I could restrict the
remaining cleanup to only stuff deprecated prior to 1.5.