accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deprecation removal for 1.7.0
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 20:54:22 GMT
The main thing I'm looking at which is causing problems for me is the
instance.getConfiguration() stuff. It was never well defined, usually
didn't work or do what was expected of it, and is still being leveraged
(incorrectly) by new code (replication, for instance, and I've already
informed Josh), because of
ServerConfigurationUtil.getConfiguration(Instance instance). It wasn't
formally deprecated until 1.6.0, though.

Aside from that, everything else is just a nice cleanup. A somewhat
exhaustive list of what I was looking at was:

Scanner timeout options
extra batchwriter/batchdeleter factory methods
some junk in MutationsRejectedException
extra ZooKeeperInstance constructors
securityOperations stuff from 1.5
extra getSplits and flush in tableOperations
Constants.NO_AUTHS
KeyExtents.getKeyExtentsForRange
an extra Value constructor which copies from a ByteBuffer
iterators that moved packages in 1.4
some protected getters in the mapred stuff
unused RangeInputSplit in InputFormatBase
LogFileKey/LogFileValue (old version)

You can review the expected changes at
https://github.com/ctubbsii/accumulo/tree/ACCUMULO-3197 (in two commits,
one for instance stuff, the other for aggregators and everything else).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii