accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Rapidly updating Accumulo Rows
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:21:27 GMT
The compiler will allow adding a conditional mutation to a batchwriter,
because conditional mutation extends mutation.   However the batchwriter
will not do anything w/ the conditions.   I made conditional mutations
extends mutations to reuse code and offer the same methods.  I did not
really think about the case of passing conditional mutations to a batch
writer and it just silently ignoring the conditions.

I asked because in the code snippet the addMutation call is a method the
batch writer has and not the conditional writer.