accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo Powered By Logo
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2014 19:48:52 GMT
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Mike Drob <madrob@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Yea, as an outside observer, I would have no idea what "Apache A" is, nor
> any idea how to get more information. Maybe we just need a different logo,

One mitigating factor, is that if anyone used the logo on a web site I
think they would normally make the image link to the Accumulo web site.
This would give some context.

I suppose the biggest problem is that its not the official logo of
Accumulo.  Many logos completely out of context convey no information (like
hadoop's elephant).   Since the 'a' by itself is not the official logo, we
can not really use it.