accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.7 release timeline
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:44:47 GMT
Sean Busbey wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Forgot one:
>>
>> *Drop Hadoop 1 support*
>>    - We would no longer care about maintaining Hadoop 1 APIs (get rid of
>> crappy reflection)
>>    - 2.2.0 (Hadoop 2 "stable") came out just under 1 year ago
>>    - Can be done for 1.7 or reconsidered for 2.0
>>

> Do we already know if focusing on just Hadoop 2.2.0+ support will result in
> any API impact?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Most of the things
that I was thinking of are buried in impl or server-side.

>> *Upgrade test script*
>>> - Keith mentioned there's some code from John McNamee that might help
>>> testing upgrade paths
>>>

> If we can make this a contrib, I have some code from Mike and I that we'd
> like to add.

I'm still not sure where exactly this code is that Keith mentioned (or
what it does), but please feel free to make a plan. It would be nice to
get a roadmap for upgrade support/guarantees/testing.