accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.7 release timeline
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 00:38:36 GMT
Thanks, John.

I was thinking about trying to gun for January time-frame for a release.
I'd love to say before 2014 is over, but that probably just won't happen
for a major release with the holidays.

For 1.7 right now, I see the following "bigger" items (correct me where
I'm wrong):

* Replication (done)
* Upgrade rules/guarantees (proposed)
* Replace cloudtrace (in-progress)
* Rewrite monitor, include REST service (in-progress)
* Drop Hadoop 1 support (proposed)
* Decouple MiniAccumulo from ITs (in-progress)
* Other minicluster types: in-process, shim to real instance (in-progress)
* Support Hadoop metrics2 (proposed)
* A few WAL/metadata related performance improvements (in-progress)

Also, would be good to check the In-Progress state issues on JIRA. What
do people think?