accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecation removal for 1.7.0
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 21:20:26 GMT
Christopher, would it make sense to get a patch of the actual things
you're looking at potentially removing, or would that be a waste of time
this early?

Mike Drob wrote:
> I think before we can agree on a deprecation strategy, we need to firm up
> the scope for this release plan.
>

> What are the intentions for 1.7.0? Is it a "minor release" in the sense of
> our previous minor releases, where we add a bunch of new features and
> maintain some compatibility promises? Or are we going to try and make it a
> truer minor release, where we cut down on the number of features and have
> more conservative stakes in the ground?

Personally, I think 1.7.0 is shaping up to be a full-featured release
given the amount of time since 1.6.0. I wanted to do a scrape of JIRA
and collect the stuff that I know is done/in-progress.

> Is this the same 1.7.0 that was going to be renamed to 2.0.0? Or an
> intermediate release?

Intermediate -- the revised client API that Christopher is working on
would be punted to a 1.8/2.0.