accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Kepner <kep...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Deprecation removal for 1.7.0
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 23:31:10 GMT
Can you clarify what "backport it" means?

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 07:16:28PM -0400, dlmarion wrote:
> Personally I think this discussion is headed in the wrong direction. I would suggest
picking a release numbering policy. Then, develop the features for the release and adjust
the release number based on the client api changes caused by the changes in the release. If
someone needs a feature but cant afford the client api change, then try to backport it. We
should try to move forward.

dev@accumulo.apache.org,Jeremy Kepner <kepner@ll.mit.edu> </div><div>Subject:
Re: Deprecation removal for 1.7.0 </div><div>