accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff N <mastergeek...@gmail.com>
Subject Rapidly updating Accumulo Rows
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2014 20:27:20 GMT
I've run into an issue wherein the process of saving and loading an updated
row into/out of Accumulo fails to catch the updates fast enough. The only
field that is changing is the row value and even with the 1.6
ConditionalMutation and relating BatchWriter I cannot make the changes
atomic enough.

My scenario is as follows:
I have a loop that loads a row, prints the value, updates the value, and
then saves that row back into Accumulo. The value is merely an Integer that
is incremented with the loop. The problem shows itself when I try to print
the value and my output is something comparable to { 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3,
3, 5 }. This is in a loop that starts with a row value of 0 and then loops
from 1 to 7.

I've setup a RegExFilter for the Contion associated with the
ConditionalMutation, but it always states that the Result Status has
ACCEPTED the row, because the value is different, but then doesn't load as
different.

Any suggestions for possible solutions would be appreciated. Also, any
information as to why this happens would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff N.

-----