accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Accumulo 1.6.1 RC1
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:11:07 GMT
Keith Turner wrote:
>> 7e56b58a0c7df128 5fa0:6249 [] 1411499311578
>> >
>> >  3a10885b-d481-4d00-be00-0477e231e965:0000p000872d60eb:499fa72752d82a7c:5c5f19e8
>> >
>> >  which both happened a little after 3:00pm eastern (I stopped CI around
>> >  3:30pm eastern). I don't see anything immediately wrong in the tserver
>> >  logs (nor does it appear that I had restarted either of them around
>> >  the timestamp of the above keys). I see no errors in the DN logs
>> >  either around that time window.
>> >
>> >  I don't have a clue how to even start looking at this to figure out if
>> >
>
> If you had turned on archiving of walogs, you could look in the walog and
> see if the data matches.
>
> You can also see if this data was written around the time of a kill event.
> Every CI entry has counter and ingester id.  Using the counter and ingester
> ID, you can look in the ingesters log file and find a time range for when
> that data was ingested.  Using that info you can determine what tablet it
> was written to and where that tablet was assigned at the time.
>

If I can't find any other reason that might have caused the failure, 
I'll have to re-run with walog archiving turned on.

I checked the tserver logs and neither were killed around the time the 
anomalies occurred.

Mime
View raw message