accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Stein <joe.st...@stealth.ly>
Subject Tablet Server locality
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 14:50:49 GMT
Hi, I have been looking into what it might take to get Accumulo to run on
Apache Mesos.

I am not sure if anyone has done this yet?

My biggest issue/concern is with the Tablet server and how it deals with
not being local to every data node.  I feel like maybe I am missing
something here?  Lets say you have 100 HDFS data nodes and you need only 10
tablet servers.  How does this work best for Accumulo?  I am guessing that
the 10 tablet servers just have to deal with data not always being local
and that is the trade off?  It seems that a YARN deploy would have the same
issue.

Thanks in advance.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant