accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Fuchs <afu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:26:37 GMT
The nature of the "deadlock" is that the thread that initiates the write
comes from the same pool that handles the other side of the write, and that
thread is not released until the write completes. The tablet server uses a
thread pool that grows slowly if there is demand, so this technically
doesn't create a deadlock in the current implementation (past and future
pool configurations may vary). However, even without deadlock this is not
efficient.

Adam