accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Monitor finding wrong hostname
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 14:31:31 GMT
I'm running a single-node Accumulo 1.5.1 instance (using Hadoop 2.4) inside
Docker. Originally the configuration used 'namenode' as the hostname.
However, I have updated the  process so that the hostname can be specified
during spinup.

I'm trying to start the instance using 'grail' as the hostname. As far as I
can see, the configuration is correct:

-bash-4.1# hostname
grail
-bash-4.1# hostname -f
grail
-bash-4.1# cat /etc/accumulo/conf/monitor
grail

Below is the exception I am seeing. Did I miss something?

-bash-4.1# more
/var/log/supervisor/accumulo-monitor-stderr---supervisor-kStsgW.log
Thread "monitor" died java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at
    at
    at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main$1.run(Main.java:103)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: namenode: Name or service not
known
    at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)
    at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:901)
    at
java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1293)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1246)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1162)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1098)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:1048)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.server.Accumulo.getLocalAddress(Accumulo.java:175)
    at org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.Monitor.main(Monitor.java:452)
    ... 6 more