accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Park <p...@sqrrl.com>
Subject Re: tserver.mutation.queue.max default in 1.5
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:14:04 GMT
+1 as well.

In our 1.5.x deployments, we typically increase the tserver.mutation.queue.max value after
an installation to achieve acceptable ingest performance. Increasing to 1M to be consistent
with 1.6.0 sounds like a good idea.

Out of curiosity, how many concurrent clients were actively writing to your instance and how
many tservers? What effect does varying # of concurrent writers have? (trying to vary the
benefit from wal group commit)
Jonathan Park
Senior Software Engineer | Sqrrl
-----------------------------------
130 Prospect Street | Cambridge, MA 02139
703.501.0449 | www.sqrrl.com

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege,
or otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended solely for the use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please destroy
all copies in your possession, notify the sender that you have received this communication
in error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance
on, this communication is expressly prohibited.  Please note that sqrrl data, INC. reserves
the right to intercept, monitor, and retain e-mail messages to and from its systems as permitted
by applicable law.