accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: Search
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:02:14 GMT

Can you explain the deadlock? Is it only if i have a cyclical trigger? Or is there something
else?

Not trying to argue my constraint approach is a good idea. It it is a bad idea.  Just curious.

> On Jul 23, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Constraints execute server-side.
>
> It might work to write to an external system but it's still bogus for proper lifecycle
methods on cleanup inside Accumulo. Writing to Accumulo within a constraint is still deadlock
prone, as well.

>> On 7/23/14, 4:51 PM, Donald Miner wrote:
>> We thought about this for text indexing. We found we could use Constraints as they
trigger on write. Seems like a bit of a hack and i have no idea if it would blow something
up.