accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:48:54 GMT
Accumulo Iterators really aren't designed to support writes from within
Accumulo itself. Deadlock within Accumulo and lack of lifecycle methods
are the two big problems. Iterators really weren't designed for this
purpose.

Fluo[1] (formerly known as Accismus), an implementation of Percolator
using Accumulo, is really the "correct" tool to target for incremental
updates for documents.

- Josh

[1] https://github.com/fluo-io/fluo