accumulo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Josh Elser <>
Subject tserver.mutation.queue.max default in 1.5
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:36:43 GMT
I started running some tests against 1.5.2 today and was baffled for a 
few hours with horrid ingest performance (~30% of what I expected).

After staring at configs for a while, I finally realized it was because 
I didn't increase tserver.mutation.queue.max from the default of 256k. 
Sure enough, this resulted in speeds that I expected.

I see that in 1.6.0, the default value for this was increase from 256K 
to 1M (in ACCUMULO-1905). I know we have it written down in the release 
notes, but I think the likelihood of causing terrible performance for 
users is much greater than causing OOMEs (or similar increased memory 
footprint) problems for users. I would like to change the default for 
1.5.2 to 1M to match 1.6.0.


View raw message