accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccumuloInputFormat getters
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 01:55:52 GMT
Ultimately, I feel like there's a big problem when I, an "experienced
Accumulo developer", am getting frustrated with the API.

As it stands right now, I have no way to introspect the contents of a
Configuration to ensure that the state is as I expect it to be. I'm
stuck dumping the entire configuration, and grep'ing it to see if the
values I expect are in there with *some* key. If so, I then have to try
to unravel what exactly is the appropriate key that the value should be
paired with.

I can understand the complexity in the storage of relevant data within
the Configuration, but this seems unnecessarily complicated to me.