accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Vicky Kak <vicky....@gmail.com>
Subject Make accumulo shell easy to use.
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:23:54 GMT
Hi Guys,

Every time I am building the accumulo the distribution would get created
and when I run the accumulo shell I get information on console like this

Accumulo is not properly configured.

Try running $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/bootstrap_config.sh and then editing
$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/accumulo-env.sh

If I am using a fake option and trying to connect to the MAC I should be
not be getting the above messages. I should be allowed to connect to MAC
seamlessly.
This simply speeds the development spike.

So every day I pull the latest changes and build the accumulo the previous
days configuration gets wiped off and I will have to do it again.
Another way would be to take a backup of the earlier build configured
accumulo and  use accumulo shell from it. It would save the time.

I would be interested to know what procedure other developers are using.

Right now I can say the development and setup process is cumbersome and we
should make it simple and seamless, may be there is already a better option
which I am not aware of. We need to have a wiki/document about it.

Looking forward to hear from community about it.

Thanks,
Vicky