accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are setshelliter and listshelliter documented?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 01:47:37 GMT
The help documentation is comprehensive but not sufficient. Typically the
prose provides context about why a given command should be used instead of
another. And explains concepts like the profile name. When generating prose
and thinking about context a different point of view is achieved.
Somethings this is helpful to developers. And it's nearly always helpful to
users. This kind of writing is impossible for non-coders to accomplish
because an intimate knowledge of the code is needed. Non-coders can polish
the prose and add examples afterwards but technical people need to get the
basic concepts communicated.