accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Re: Distributed SQL Engine connectors.
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 05:00:46 GMT
Here is a summary on the subject:

There were two talks on this at Accumulo Summit, but neither are open
source. I think are both are interesting reads on the subject and you might
be able to glean how you could do it yourself.
Pivotal's HAWQ w/ Accumulo:
http://www.slideshare.net/AccumuloSummit/15-30-efraty-radtka
Argyle built Presto on Accumulo:
http://www.slideshare.net/AccumuloSummit/14-25-navruzyan

Here is an overview presentation on the subject that I gave recently (but
doesn't give any answers):
http://www.slideshare.net/DonaldMiner/sq-lon-accumulo

There was a pretty length conversation about Phoenix on Accumulo, but I
think that got stalled about something with Iterators (?) :
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%22SQL+layer+over+Accumulo%22+phoenix+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fmail-archives.apache.org

There is a Hive storage manager that has been worked on in the past. Some
people have talked about working on it.
https://github.com/bfemiano/accumulo-hive-storage-manager

I hope this helps.

-d