accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Are setshelliter and listshelliter documented?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:44:51 GMT
The shell commands are documented in the shell itself (<command> --help) or
(help <command>) or (<command> -?). Documentation in prose in the manual
*might* be useful (maybe), but I think that it matters more that the
shell's help documentation is sufficient. The manual should refer to that
help command for details about the available commands. We don't really want
to promote use of the shell for things other than triage/maintenance stuff,
so there hasn't been an emphasis on it in external documentation.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii