accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: moving rat to a profile?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:37:53 GMT
I don't know that this will help much.

We already have a *lot* for new contributors to keep track of. If they miss
the step of running maven clean, they end up exactly where we are now.

The output from the Rat plugin doesn't make it easy to figure out how they
got into that state, nor how to back out of it. They're likely at a point
where they can't easily go back to the branch that could do the clean, so
they're back to "add your files and use git clean." Which we already know
isn't going great for people.

--
Sean