accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: moving rat to a profile?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:46:45 GMT
This problem is exasperated by our development model. We tell people to
clone our repo, which puts them on master by default. Then we tell them to
work against the oldest branch that has the bug, which is almost always
going to be 1.6 and sometimes even 1.5. After switching branches, they'll
have the extra modules laying around, and unless they know to look for them
are going to get bit by the RAT check. This is something that happens for
almost every single new contributor, and we saw it come up several times
during the hackathon.