accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <mad...@cloudera.com>
Subject Using ZooCache in unit tests
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 00:09:16 GMT
When writing unit tests, I indirectly call code that invokes
{{Tables.getZooCache(Instance)}} which sets up a connection to a zookeeper.
However, there is not a server running, so this end up looping forever
until my test times out.

It looks like my options are...
1) Make it an IT that uses MAC, so that there is a ZK to connect to
(probably overkill)
2) Stand up my own ZK (error prone? duplicative?)
3) Stand up a Curator Testing Server (introduces new dependencies).
4) Not write tests.

I'm leaning toward number 3, but was wondering if anybody had thoughts on
this, since I feel like that will have a lasting impact on the code.