accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving rat to a profile?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 20:19:57 GMT
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Sean Busbey <busbey@cloudera.com> wrote:

> My concern with a default-on profile is the same one I have with
> Christopher's suggestion that we recommend -Drat.ignoreErrors=true.
>
> It's going to make the "easy" path one where things aren't checked. That's
> going to necessitate we check things periodically and during release.

I don't understand how leaving the rat check on by default makes disabling
it the easy path.  I think it makes the check happen more often than not.
Even if we decide to suggest that new contributors just disable the check,
we should still be educating potential committers (and existing committers,
since this is a relatively new issue) about why the check sometimes fails
when you switch branches and how to fix it.